January 4, 2009

Any day anyone is no other than someone.

When it’s after two o’clock in the morning at The Corner Bistro and you’re talking to me, leaning in too close every time you tell me something because the music is too loud, tell me your name while telling me I’m beautiful, go on about how much you love New York and writers and a woman with a good sense of humor - don’t, please, for crying out loud, ask for my number at the exact same moment you tell me you live in Dublin and are flying back to Ireland tomorrow.

Because truth is, I’m not going to call you back.

New Year’s Resolution #1: Stop falling for men who don’t live in New York.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

ah. remove the word "don't" and there's my resolution.