January 16, 2006

Who Stole the Weekend?

Friday night I took the 6 to the Upper East Side where I saw my soon to be new home. It’s weird looking at a place and picturing your life unfolding in it. I will finally be able to carry out half of my adult apartment dream: a grown up person bed and the money to afford the room to put it in. Now all I need to work on is getting the baby grand piano that will fit nicely (albeit snugly) in the corner. Perhaps I’ll get to that later.

The funny thing about New York is that the buildings are so high that you rarely take the time to crane your neck back to look at the sky. That’s why when you walk underground to get onto the subway and emerge minutes later to the sound of rain falling from up above you have you idea it was coming. I had to purchase an umbrella after I made it back home through the rain (unexpected) and arrived completely soaked.

In other news: the long weekend is almost over and it feels as though I’ve been here for a lot longer than I have. However my nights on the couch are numbered and 72nd street awaits me.

No comments: