May 21, 2006

I'm Not Easy

There was a girl in front of me drunk and dancing to the music, which was loud and obnoxious and she was the only one doing it and it made me embarrassed for her.

The guy who was talking to me was talking about what guys at bars talk about, and I wasn’t so much listening as I was looking at his hair and how it bounced when he opened and closed his mouth with each word.

As he talked I couldn’t hear over the music all that he was saying, and I just nodded my head and smiled thinking, here he is talking when it all just comes down to whether or not I’m going to go home with him.

I pictured the morning and how it would be after the vodka wore off and how it’s just as easy to be nobody to somebody, so why go out of my way to be nobody to nobody.

Outside a sad scene: the drunk girl falling onto the ground and the guy trying like hell to pick her up.

No comments: