July 16, 2006

work(ing). it's not easy.

1) Spent my Friday night in, writing (working). What does this mean? I read somewhere that if you have a passion you have to weigh it against the other elements of your life and make a choice. So I chose. I choose. What am I missing out on in the process? (time spent not working, vodka sodas, pick-up lines, hangovers).

2) I love The Moose. I think he’s a solid pitcher and I also think he’s pretty dreamy. Got to see him start on Saturday when my dad came into the city and we went to Yankee Stadium to catch the White Sox, with perfect seats behind home plate. What I love most about the Stadium (despite the overwhelming lack of Red Sox fans), is that first glimpse of the field as you walk through the corridor to your section and the entire park opens up before you. Also, A-Rod doesn’t bring anything to the game. But then again, what difference does it make to him at $156,000 a game. What incentive does he have to really care (work)?

3) Speaking of ridiculous, I wasn’t entirely able to experience much of this beautiful day as I was locked inside my apartment for most of it. That’s right, locked inside my apartment. Something perhaps very implausible became something very real and irritating as the door to my apartment is so old one of the screws came loose in the door-jamb, and despite the door actually being unlocked, it was caught by the protruding piece of metal. I was of course confused initially, questioning immediately my own intelligence and my overall ability to simply open a door. Am I losing my mind? Have I just had a stroke? Lots of pushing (work) and hours later the doorman (Tony) literally knocked the door down, letting me out.

4) It’s not easy being held hostage on the 9th floor.

No comments: