January 10, 2007

New York: home of the world’s largest muffins

Like you thought I wouldn’t be on top of this. Seeing as how the Starbucks Coffee Company in Seattle is an avid reader of mighty, (which is sort of creepy, yes), I figure I should be the one to tell them that this new oven initiative, while great, is slowing things down. And by “things” I mean “me.”

I know people apparently need their egg and cheese on “some sort of bread carrier” in the morning, but I just need coffee. And when your employees are too busying trying to figure out how to use above mentioned oven that their three large canisters of bold, mild and decaf all run out while I’m waiting in line – well then you’ve got yourself a bit of a problem.


The man in line in front me muttered something using the words “figures,” “capitalistic,” and “pigs,” before huffing and walking out, presumably to the Dunkin Donuts on the corner (sacrilege). I was then left wide-eyed and scared, a whole line of angering not-yet-had-their-morning-cuppa clients behind me asking each other with surprise “is it really…gone?” I had no choice but to wait patiently for a new batch to brew – because love is only blind in one eye from a freak accident a few years ago involving a decaf mix-up and a toaster oven. The other one, addicted, always sees clearly.

No comments: