January 4, 2007

Nobody puts Starbucks in a corner.

In this week’s Advertising Age annual, which is essentially a book of stats and facts from the already-over year of 2006 (remember her?), they have the figures of the top consumed coffees in the country. Of course in my mind (and for those of you who read mighty on a regular basis already know the answer) the buck stops at one place and one place only. Call me a coffee elitist (or addict), but Starbucks will always be close to my heart. So where does it come in, you ask? With its holiday cups, its “The way I see it,” and multi-faceted blends? Third. (Gasp!) I know, I’m just as shocked as you are.

Second is none other than Maxwell House, whose television commercials use of the annoying song “Our House” by a British ska/pop band Madness has apparently garnered more drinkers. So who is number one? That’s right, none other than Folgers. With all of the great coffee choices out there today I wonder why it is that people are still drinking from that large blue metal tub of poorly roasted beans. But I mean I guess people will believe anything - and who could really pass up what literally might be the best part of waking up.

No comments: