October 7, 2009

conversations.

"If you think you’re old then I’m not too far behind. And at least you’ve been doing something that means something to you."

"You not doing something that means something to you?"
He seemed genuinely concerned.

"I don’t think so."

"How’s it you don’t know?"

"Well I guess because I came here for this job and that meant something at the time. But now, I don’t know, things have changed. I don’t how it’s supposed to feel."

"I don’t think anyone does."

"I figure once I find it I’ll know."

"You’ve got time," he said. "That’s the problem with this city anyway. People all coming here thinking that they’re lives will change just by packing up and moving into an apartment in the village. But they don’t get what it is about this place that really changes you."

No comments: