February 6, 2006

#49

The Way I See It is back and bigger than ever. I know I've complained about this before, but my annoyance by it has yet to dissipate along with my love for Starbucks. #49 is so ridiculous and irritating that I hardly know if I should pour out the remaining coffee in protest or simply finish it and throw the empty cup at the reflecting glass windows on the corner of Spring and Varick (the closest Starbucks to my office).


Friday night was Boy Number 1's birthday (1 of 2 of the Brooklyn Boys) and we went to Schiller's on the les so we could check out this apparently hot-new-place that charges me $10 for a small, very dry (powdered if you've got it) straight up with a twist vodka martini.

Mehanata was next, this Bulgarian culture center/dance club that had a woman in not much more than a barely-there Bulgarian bra shaking her hips to the pulsating monotonous stream of music as she clipped her finger bells together. Suddenly it became participatory. I needed more vodka sodas than usual to get me through the night.

Sunday was a glorious New York Sunday, and I went for a run in central park and then down 5th Ave. to Rockefeller Plaza where I rested for a while and watched the ice skaters (fallers) below.

Super Bowl? I'm over it. Went to a movie with The Boys in a very anti-who really cares-Super Bowl movement. If I'm going to watch any football it's going to be college football anyway. The way I see it? The NFL is so painstakingly ridiculous and the Super Bowl so entirely un-super, that it should be #50.

No comments: