February 23, 2006

My First New York Celebrity Citing

I was walking down Spring street in Soho today after a long morning at work, the first in a long while that I've had the time to actually pop out of the office for at least five minutes of fresh air. I was inhaling deep the crisp air, the same air that ny1 told me this morning would be almost 50 degrees and was actually considerably less.

Digging my hands deep into my coat pockets to keep warm I looked twice at an attractive man in a pale green velvet blazer with jeans, talking to himself. It was in that moment that I realized he was talking into the earpiece microphone that was hanging infront of his mouth, and that his face looked familiar because I had seen it before. It was Liev Schriber and we made eye contact as he said "...but all of my equiptment is upstate," to the person on the other end of his hanging earpiece microphone. He then smiled at me and said hello as the person on the other end undoubtedly made some comment about the fact that his equiptment being upstate is going to cause some sort of problem for him in the near future.

I simply looked back, unable to say anything as the thought of saying something as simple as hello didn't regsiter in time for him not to entirely pass me, cross over to Thompson and disappear from view.

Regardless, I hope that his equiptment, no matter where it is, is in good hands.

No comments: