June 4, 2006

Another Friday night

Without me saying anything he bought me a drink and it came back a small vodka soda with a lime and I realized that I have become a forgone conclusion, something I’ve never wanted to be.

But that’s what’s good about having friends and people who know you well. You don’t have to worry about being another version of yourself the way you do when you’re meeting someone new and trying to get them to buy you a vodka soda.

And there we were amidst New Yorkers on the Upper East Side who made it out in the rain at midnight on a Friday/Saturday looking for something. Every guy had on a collared shirt that was, patterned or not, blue or black. Every girl had on cleavage revealing tank tops with lots of jewelry and were traveling in packs.

Most of the time when we go out looking for it, it finds us and we hardly know the difference.

No comments: