June 22, 2006

Another weekend away

I'm going to The District tomorrow for the weekend and will be staying at the Brokedown Palace (Love Shack formerly known as the Urban Family's Secret Lair) in U Street.

Should be interesting if I make it back unscathed and still with my wallet. I will spend more money traveling via cab from my office to LaGuardia than I will for the entire flight to Reagan. I hate that I can barely afford to travel. I hate that I can barely afford much of anything.

Last time I was at the Brokedown Palace was in December for a Christmas party with Kinsey. I got incredibly drunk on vodka and cheap champagne which was spilled on my tulle skirt and ended up singing to (shouting to) Journey with everyone else who was there. I will of course be drunk for the better part of this weekend, and am looking forward to going back to New Vegas Lounge. Will report more upon my return.

Don’t stop believing indeed.

No comments: